A Senryu Series

The poetic form Senryu is similar to a haiku. It has a total of up to 17 syllables, usually in a 5-7-5 pattern, and doesn't fit the nature or cutting archetypes of haiku. It's fun being concise.

NOTHING FORGED IS NOTHING USED
They forged the wall from
stone and steel, hiding their eyes
while their castle fell.

GIVE AN INCH
I always laugh at folks
who insist upon
rulers for life’s measures.

BE STILL, YOUTH
It’s a most curious thing,
that tears of joy and pain
are both the same color.

OBSERVING REQUIRES SIGHT
One of life’s ponderables:
needing one’s
glasses to find one’s glasses.

SOMETHINGS NEVER CHANGE
He picks up the old, battered
coin, flips it,
and walks to the nearest slot.

BAREFOOT IN THE ASH
As I walk barefoot
in the ash, I remember
that rain washed me clean

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A short poem dedicated to my daughter in the womb

Creativity, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Coffee and Space, A Play in One Scene