More Cinquains

I've been posting on Writer's Digest for quite some time, and occasionally there are challenges which could land a participant in the print magazine. Most recently, the challenge was to write a cinquain. So, keep your fingers crossed for me. Here are a few of my entrees:

LABRYNTH
I am blind,
learning to walk
through the pure, perfect eyes
of the handless; tongues cut out
their mouths.

SWEET CRUSH
Palms sweaty,
he chanced her smile
as they picked apart a
cotton candy and climbed aboard the
ferris wheel.

ELBOW HIGH
Cornfields
struggled last year,
the stalks drooped down to the
ground, kneeling in the dust for fallen
soldiers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A short poem dedicated to my daughter in the womb

Creativity, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Poetry, from the walls, and in time...