Lover's Moonset

-A Golden Shovel dedicated to Georgia D Johnson From "When I Rise Up"-

Will you remember the time when
you, your hopes and fears, and I
sat and watched the East Texas sun rise
by reaching its golden arms up
and p-u-l-l-i-n-g itself, inch by inch above
the horizon? I know you noticed how the
warmth called to the Earth...
But, I
-beat-
I settled my body into my
reclining chair, and painted their wings
into the scrapbook of my mind, sketched them upon
the fragile vellum, and silently said a prayer to the
God of the water, ground, and air
while I pulled you close again for the first time or
for the last time, and pretended to be tranquil
or started to believe the lie.

-JR Simmang

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A short poem dedicated to my daughter in the womb

Creativity, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Coffee and Space, A Play in One Scene