And last group...

PINE BOX
Let me be your blossoming daisy.
Up from the ground, push me. The days we
spend are numbered anyway, so let us
spend them, unchambered, drifting crazy.

GAUDI, OR THE IMPORTANCE OF COMPLETION
The sanctuary won’t be finished.
Outside, the line is filled with famished
souls, feet shuffling, kids running, old parents
disapproving, their faith diminished.

DEAD MAN
In this moment, when the stars confuse
themselves for trees, stream and bank amuse
the boards of the boat, my tired fingers float
around your halo; I’m yours to use.

THE MYSTERY
Beauty is the constant reminder
that in some strange way, when you find her,
you won’t know what she is, and she won’t show
you until you first walk beside her.

JUSTICE: BE BLIND
I thought we had reached an age wherein
the wolves shed sheep’s clothing; they had been
judged by their words and deeds, actions and creeds
and not by the color of their skin.

MISTRESS, CHAMONIX MONT BLANC
The open windows, the smell of black
coffee, warm crullers, you in the back
yard. It would be hard for me think that
I should ever begin to unpack.

MODERN EDUCATION, PART 2
Experience does not guarantee
excellence, nor does advice come free.
Best practices, actors and actresses,
result from asking, “do I agree?”

MODERN EDUCATION
It must be luck clenched tightly around
their bosoms that they are chained and bound
to the machine that was built to wipe clean
an essence, a thought, a unique sound.

-JR Simmang

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creativity, and the Pursuit of Happiness

A short poem dedicated to my daughter in the womb

Poetry, from the walls, and in time...