More Gwawdodyn

I haven't posted these because they were entered into a poetic form challenge. No dual publishing. So, here are the entries:

WISH FOR A SAFE RETURN
The Kingfisher was back today. He
always finds something here, maybe
some string, twine. But, I’ve only heard him sing
when she comes over the meadow lea.

PROMISE GLUE
You dropped your promise on the tiled floor,
and I swept the pieces out the door.
Here’s my jar of promise glue. Use only
a little; I don’t have any more.

PULLING IN TO CONOCO
I shouldn’t have fallen for Lizbeth.
When we met, I was a tired labrynth,
endless. I thought I found salvation, ‘but
ev’ry state has a town named Naz’reth.

YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU’LL FIND
The garage was a fine, cluttered mess,
which I enjoyed cleaning, I confess.
I found a missing sock, a wishing star,
and under it all, your wedding dress.

-JR Simmang

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A short poem dedicated to my daughter in the womb

Creativity, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Digest me slowly