This form is addicting...

MASQUERADE BALL
I’ve been to lavish parties galore,
with people I thought I had adored.
If there’s one thing I’ve gleaned, surely it’s that
knives should be kept clean in the drawer.

FACEBOOK
Some days I surrender to this screen,
let it take from me my hours till green
seeps through my skin, spreads to my ‘lectric grin,
and covers my spaces in between.

ON THE SHOULDERS OF DADDIES
She reached her hands out to me, wanting
to see the Pleiades’ swift haunting
of the beach-sweat night closer. I would bet
that up there, falling seems less daunting.

MAMA KNOWS BEST
It was a casual vacancy,
born from casual intimacy.
I should have listened to my mother’s words,
“don’t fall towards casual fancy.”

BAILE CON ELLA
Most nights and days, she dances alone,
black hair, alabaster skin, slate stone
crow’s voice. Soy simpatico, un nino;
my body yearns for her perfect bones.

- JR Simmang

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A short poem dedicated to my daughter in the womb

Creativity, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Digest me slowly