It's NaNoWriMo, and I'm sitting with Humpty Dumpty

My books are in the works outside of the blog. Simply, there are too many words to put up here, and I don't want to release my ideas until they're finished. So, this month, for NaNoWriMo, I'm not only participating in the novel part, but I'm also challenging myself to write a poem a day. This one was written yesterday.

FIXING THE SKY

Unjustly,
slain thusly,
body on the floor.

Sword rusty,
though trusty,
swimming from the shore.

Hat’s gone too
with his ‘do,
rolling off to where

Oh so few
have see true
brilliance shining there.

Decades rush
past the hush,
his body becomes dust.

His head’s mush,
garden lush,
Buttons gathered rust.

Till these days
someone says
his forgotten name,

Above the bay,
his soul stays,
appearing heart, aflame!

Headless corpse,
empties ports,
while the captain’s head

haunts the courts
(and resorts)
not knowing that he’s dead!

-JR Simmang

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A short poem dedicated to my daughter in the womb

Creativity, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Coffee and Space, A Play in One Scene